I’ve probably eaten my weight in spareribs over the years but wasn’t sure I could ever make them successfully at home — until I made them in my slow cooker. You’ll need to finish them in the oven but only for about 15 minutes. The hot oven helps the sauce caramelize and cling to the meat. Finger-licking good! This recipe makes 3 – 4 servings, but when you’re eating spareribs, who can say what a serving size is?
2 pounds pork spareribs
ground black pepper
3 cups barbecue sauce, divided
large (5-quart) bowl or gallon-sized plastic baggie
shallow roasting pan, lined with foil
1. Season ribs with salt and pepper.
2. Place ribs into bowl or baggie and cover with 2 cups sauce.
3. Place in refrigerator to marinate at least one hour.
4. Transfer to slow cooker and cover. Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
5. Set oven to 450 degrees. Place cooked ribs in single layer in prepared pan and brush generously with remaining sauce. Cook 15 minutes.
9 hours, 15 minutes
3 – 4 servings