Trust me, this is just as good as traditional meatloaf. I made this dish three times before my family realized it wasn’t beef! I still make beef meatloaf occasionally (using this recipe), but I prefer turkey now because the meatloaf comes out less greasy. I like to serve it with a side of roasted vegetables for a classic and hearty meal. — H. Weal
2 pounds ground turkey
1 medium (4-ounce) onion, diced
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
standard (9” x 5”) loaf pan
large (5-quart) mixing bowl
measuring cups and spoons
1. Set oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with foil.
2. Combine MEATLOAF ingredients in bowl. Knead by hand, just until ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Press mixture evenly into pan.
4. Combine GLAZE ingredients, then brush evenly over meatloaf mixture.
5. Bake until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees – about 1 hour. Rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
NOTES & TIPS
• 6 medium garlic cloves yield about 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic.
• Cut foil large enough that some overhangs edges of pan. Use this overhang to lift loaf out of pan before slicing.
1 hour, 30 minutes