My family of four is evenly split between early birds (me and our eldest) and night owls (my husband and our youngest), so we don’t typically eat breakfast together. But whenever those occasions crop up where we all have to be on the same schedule, Oven Roasted Bacon helps us get coordinated. It’s a set-it-and-forget-it kind of recipe – I throw it in the oven first and work on the rest of breakfast. By the time everything else is done, the bacon’s perfectly crisp. And its unmistakable aroma does the job of waking up the rest of the family.
8 ounces bacon (about 8 slices)
quarter sheet (9” x 13”) baking pan, lined with aluminum foil
1. Lay bacon slices side by side in prepared sheet pan.
2. Place pan in oven, then set to 400 degrees.
3. Roast bacon until it froths – about 24 minutes.
4. Lay out a few paper towel sheets, then transfer strips there to absorb excess grease before serving.
NOTES & TIPS
• Scaling Reference: Roast about 3 minutes per slice of bacon.